Search This Blog

Monday 28 September 2015

Macka Splaff

Those folks at VP Records are on fire. Last week I featured a couple of tracks from their excellent "Reggae Gold 2015" compilation. Over the weekend they sent me the title track from Macka B's new album "Never Played A 45", and it has gone straight to the top of my charts. The sentiment - nothing sounds better than old vinyl - is one that old farts like me can only agree with. There is, as Mr B says, something about the feel and the vibe.

As a bonus for you I have bunged in three of Mr B's oldies, all of them collaborations. They seem to bring out the best in him. They are all good, but I am particularly fond of "Hamady Boiro".

"Never Played A 45" - Macka B

"Far Away From Babylon" - Macka B & Queen Omega

"Hamady Boiro" - Baaba Maal & Macka B

"Dread A Who She Love" - Macka B & Kofi

Unless I am mistaken, "Never Played A 45" samples the old "Boops" rhythm - just like this fellow does. I love this record more than I can possibly explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment