Search This Blog

Sunday 22 February 2015

Hey, Bebe!

Somewhere and somewhen along the way I picked up a compilation album called "Women of Africa". With a title like that, you won't be surprised to learn that it comprised songs sung by African women. Very good they are too.  Today's selections come from Guinea and Cameroon.

"Fenko" - Oumou Diabate

"Ami O" - Bebe Manga

Here are some more African ladies to entrance you in their different ways, from the Congo, Western Sahara and South Africa respectively.

2 comments:

  1. Ernie, that Mariem Hassab track has the person witting on my right clapping away. Whata great tune. Any idea what the song is about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, George, I haven't the foggiest. But Mariem is a great spokeswoman on behalf of the dispossessed Sahrawi people so it is probably something to do with them. If you like "Haiyu" I have plenty more where that came from - I will add her to the forward programme

    ReplyDelete