Search This Blog

Saturday 28 November 2009

Here's Johnny

It has been a while since I posted any South African music on here - not since the end of the last Tsonga Disco frenzy, in fact - so I thought I ought to put it right. Today we have a couple of tracks from Johnny Mokhale from an album called "Ditorong".

I have been able to find out next to nothing about Mr Mokhale apart from the statement on a Botswana-themed website that he was very popular there in his day. When that day was I am not sure but, judging by his sound and the involvement of legendary South African producer West Nkosi, I would guess it was some time between the mid 1970s and late 1980s. If anyone can fill in the missing details please do, it would be much appreciated.

Here's Johnny:

"Pono Ya Haho" - Johnny Mokhale

"Rakgali" - Johnny Mokhale

And here's another Johnny:

No comments:

Post a Comment