Search This Blog

Sunday 5 July 2009

Bonnie At The Fair

Here is Bonnie Raitt with a couple of songs with a fair motif.

From 1972's "Give It Up": "Too Long At the Fair".

From 1974's "Streetlights": a cover of Joni Mitchell's "That Song About The Midway".

http://www.box.net/shared/qft1laahjj

When I was a lad in Dorset our fair was always held in early October on a day known locally as Pack Monday. If you are interested in that sort of thing you can find more details at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/articles/2008/10/14/pack_monday_feature.shtml

Inevitably it would rain for several days beforehand so you would find yourself in the evening knee deep in mud trying but failing to enjoy yourself. One year me and Holty went on the ferris wheel in a hugh wind and it broke down while we were at the top - I've never been on one since.

The most recent fair I went to was in Los Naveros in Andalucia at the beginning of May, which was great fun. I won a monkey at the "shoot a plastic duck and win a prize" stall. I gave it to a local woman who I had been dancing with, to promote the old Entente Cordiale (or whatever the Spanish equivalent is).

Enough rambling, let's get back to Bonnie. Also from "Streetlights", here is a fantastic clip of her doing "Angel From Montgomery":

No comments:

Post a Comment